Greenwell Point and the entire Shoalhaven area is blessed with some of the most scenically beautiful landscapes on the east coast of Australia. South Coast Retreat is positioned to give you access to everything on offer, or just sit back, relax and enjoy the view.
- South Coast Retreat – Waterfront Cabins, Glamping, Bike & Kayak Hire
- Pelican Rocks – Seafood Restaurant & Café
- DJ’s – Traditional Aussie Take Away
- Greenwell Point Pub & Bistro with Pizza
- IGA Supermarket
- Black Marlin – Petrol Station, Newsagency, Lotto, Post Office & Convenience Store
- Shoalhaven Oyster Service – for delicious Crookhaven River takeaway oysters (September – April)
- Greenwell Point Bowling Club – Extremely popular Chinese & Bistro food. Courtesy bus (ph. 4447 1111).
- The Little Beach down the Road. Pretty spot for a picnic.
- Spot to beach the boat and bush walk to Seven Mile Beach (warning: beach not patrolled)
- Crookhaven Reserve – a quiet waterfront reserve popular with those wanting to get further away & / or fishing. Also good for kite flying and picnics.
- Goodnight Island. Site of proposed 5 star resort development
- Oyster Farms Yards including Jim Wild’s Oyster Service and Goodnight Oysters
- Tennis Courts – Can be hired at the petrol station (6)
- Butcher – terrific bacon smoked onsite.
Activities in Greenwell Point
Go for a paddle
If kayaking make sure you go with the tide, paddling against is often impossible, especially during king tides (Christmas and Easter).
There are some beautiful scenic loops that take advantage of the Comerong Island canals. If you’re interested, ask at reception.
Double and single kayaks are available for hire from us and you are also very welcome to bring your own kayak.
The BBQs & picnic areas across the road
Stainless steel BBQs and picnic areas provided by Shoalhaven Council.
Alternatively we can locate one of our BBQs near your cabin.
Fish off the shore, pontoons or jetties
From the front of the park and for about a kilometre along the foreshore Shoalhaven Council have built amazing, landscaped walkways and pontoons. Go fishing, or have a picnic.
The Park Across the Road
Sit back, watch the kids having fun, smile and enjoy.
The BBQs and picnic tables adjoin the children’s play park, so why not make a day / evening of it?
Take your boat out
Use the fabulous new boat ramp to access the Tasman Sea via the Crookhaven Bar safely, or just potter around in the more protected river systems.
The little beach down the road
Good for kids, picnics and lazing around – about 500m to the left of Angler’s Rest, after the mangroves.
Remember the tide can run very quickly so keep a close eye on swimmers.
Greenwell Point tennis court was built in 1977. It has been maintained fairly regularly by the community and council’s Management Committee. It is available for hourly hire day and night and the net is left up so you can just start playing!
14 South Street, GREENWELL POINT NSW 2540, (02) 4447 1279
25m swimming pool with a shaded paddling pool for the kids. Operated by the council it’s opening hours are:
Summer: 7am – 11am; 2pm – 6pm
Summer school holidays: 6am – 6pm
Silver Star Fishing Charters
contact: John Norman
mobile: 0412 977 000
departs from: Main Wharf, Greenwell Point Road, Greenwell Point, NSW 2540
cost: $150pp (less for groups of 7 or more) includes: bait & tackle
Escape Fishing Charters
contact: Gary Crocker
mobile: 0407 891 688
departs from: Public Wharf, West Street, Greenwell Point.