Greenwell Point is an easy 2 hour drive from both Sydney and Canberra. The entire Shoalhaven area is blessed with some of the most scenically beautiful landscapes on the east coast of Australia. South Coast Retreat, Greenwell Point is positioned close enough (eg 15 minutes to Jervis Bay) to give you access to everything on offer, or once here you may just sit back, relax and enjoy the view.
- South Coast Retreat – Waterfront Accommodation
- Pelican Rocks Café and winner of NSW Best Fish and Chips 2017, 2018, 2019 ph. 02 4447 1471 www.facebook.com/PelicanRocksCafe
- DJ’s – Traditional Aussie Take Away
- Greenwell Point Pub & Bistro with Pizza https://www.greenwellpointhotel.com.au ph. 02 4447 1202
- IGA Supermarket ph. 02 4447 0956
- Petrol Station, Newsagency, Lotto, Post Office & Convenience Store ph. 02 4447 1279
- Shoalhaven Oyster Service – for delicious Crookhaven River takeaway oysters (September – April) ph. 02 4447 1290
- Greenwell Point Bowling Club – Extremely popular Chinese & Bistro food. For the Courtesy bus ph. 4447 1111 www.greenwellpointbowlingclub1.com.au
- The Little Beach down the Road. Pretty spot for a picnic.
- Spot to beach the boat and bush walk to Seven Mile Beach (warning: beach not patrolled)
- Crookhaven Reserve – a quiet waterfront reserve popular with those wanting to get further away & / or fishing. Also good for kite flying and picnics.
- Oyster Farms Yards including Jim Wild’s Oyster Service and Goodnight Oysters ph. 02 4447 1498
- Tennis Courts – Can be hired at the petrol station (6) for more information call ph. 02 4447 1279
- South Coast Butchers Pantry – www.facebook.com/Greenwellpointbutcher terrific bacon smoked onsite ph. 02 4447 1213
Activities in Greenwell Point
Go for a paddle
If kayaking make sure you go with the tide, paddling against is often impossible, especially during king tides (Christmas and Easter). Kayaks can be hired from
Nowra Kayak Hire www.nowrakayakhire.com.au
Culburra Beach Surf School and Hire www.culburrabeachsurfschool.com
There are some beautiful scenic loops that take advantage of the Comerong Island canals.
The BBQs & picnic areas across the road
Stainless steel BBQs and picnic areas provided by Shoalhaven Council.
Alternatively you can use the electric BBQ on your deck.
Fish off the shore, pontoons or jetties
Shoalhaven City Council have built amazing, landscaped and wheelchair accessible
walkways and pontoons right along the foreshore. Just sensational!!
The Park Across the Road
Sit back, watch the kids having fun, smile and enjoy.
The BBQs and picnic tables adjoin the children’s play park, so why not make a day / evening of it?
Take your boat out
Use the fabulous new boat ramp to access the Tasman Sea via the Crookhaven Bar safely, or just potter around in the more protected river systems. Boat hire is available from
Shoalhaven Boat Hire ph. 0492 965 784 www.shoalhavenboathire.com.au
Husky Boat Hire ph. 02 4441 6200 www.shoalhaven.com/place/husky-hire-a-boat
The little beach down the road
Good for kids, picnics and lazing around – about 500m to the left of South Coast Retreat, after the mangroves.
Remember the tide can run very quickly so keep a close eye on swimmers.
Greenwell Point tennis court was built in 1977. It has been maintained fairly regularly by the community and council’s Management Committee. It is available for hourly hire day and night and the net is left up so you can just start playing!
14 South Street, GREENWELL POINT NSW 2540, (02) 4447 1279
25m swimming pool with a shaded paddling pool for the kids. Operated by the council.
For more information please visit the link below www.shoalhavenssf.com.au/visit/locations/greenwell-point-pool
Escape Fishing Charters
contact: Gary Crocker
mobile: 0407 891 688
departs from: Public Wharf, West Street, Greenwell Point.